sábado, 28 de abril de 2012

A Veterans Football Match in Sabadell

My Brother Joe - Veteran English Footballer
Sabadell Training Ground from the road
I've had an interesting day today. My brother Joe and some of his mates managed to wangle a game against Sabadell Veterans!

There were photographers and local TV cameras there because CE Sabadell were under the impression they were playing against Bristol Rovers veterans.

It was a cold night and the match started an hour late so I only stayed for 20 minutes. They were already 2-0 down when I left.

The other problem was that, as I speak Catalan and was obviously mates with the team, the local Sabadell fans wanted the lowdown on these veteran  English 'stars' - I didn't have the heart to tell them that it was really our kid and a few of his mates on a weekend piss up
Apparently, they were 8-0 down at half-time - only 8 - was my comment when Joe texted me the score.

The interesting thing is, though, it got me started on the germ of an idea - Organising Football Tours in the Barcelona Area.

It seems to me that a lot of groups of blokes would love to have the opportunity of having a kick around against a team in Barcelona or anywhere else in Spain for that matter!


No hay comentarios: